Re: number of page slots needed (1576544) exceeds max_fsm_pages (204800)]

Lists: pgsql-general
From: Reid Thompson <reid(dot)thompson(at)ateb(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Reid Thompson <reid(dot)thompson(at)ateb(dot)com>
Subject: number of page slots needed (1576544) exceeds max_fsm_pages (204800)]
Date: 2010-01-18 18:47:31
Lists: pgsql-general

Does this max_fsm_pages value seem OK for a 46GB database?
I've clustered all the tables that seemed to be exhibiting large amounts
of bloat.

reporting=# SELECT pg_size_pretty(pg_database_size('reporting'));
pg_size_pretty
46 GB
(1 row)

NOTICE: number of page slots needed (1576544) exceeds max_fsm_pages (204800)
HINT: Consider increasing the configuration parameter "max_fsm_pages" to a value over 1576544.