Re: bug in vacuumlo?

Lists: pgsql-patches
From: Irina Sourikova <irina(at)bnl(dot)gov>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: bug in vacuumlo?
Date: 2003-09-23 16:59:33
Lists: pgsql-patches

Hi,

I tried to use vacuumlo of posgres-7.3.4/contrib/vacuumlo and it didn't
work
for me until I added one line:

strcat(buf, " AND c.relname <> 'vacuum_l'");

after strcat(buf, "SELECT c.relname, a.attname ");
strcat(buf, "FROM pg_class c, pg_attribute a, pg_type t ");
strcat(buf, "WHERE a.attnum > 0 ");
strcat(buf, " AND a.attrelid = c.oid ");
strcat(buf, " AND a.atttypid = t.oid ");
strcat(buf, " AND t.typname in ('oid', 'lo') ");
strcat(buf, " AND c.relkind = 'r'");

Is it a bug or I'm missing something?

Thank you,
Irina
irina(at)bnl(dot)gov

Irina Sourikova <irina(at)bnl(dot)gov> writes:
> I tried to use vacuumlo of posgres-7.3.4/contrib/vacuumlo and it didn't
> work
> for me until I added one line:
> strcat(buf, " AND c.relname <> 'vacuum_l'");

Hmm. This bug was patched last year in CVS tip, but apparently not in
the 7.3 branch. Sigh.

regards, tom lane

Do we need a 'AND NOT a.attisdropped' in there anywhere as well?

Chris