Re: COPY doesn't works when containing ' ' or ' ' characters on db

Lists: pgsql-adminpgsql-hackers
From: Jaume Teixi <teixi(at)6tems(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Richard T(dot) Robino" <rickspam(at)wavedivision(dot)com>, Stefan Huber <schweinsaug(at)crosswinds(dot)net>
Subject: COPY doesn't works when containing '' or '' characters on db
Date: 2001-02-26 13:28:58
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-hackers

I finally percated that when data contains 'ñ' or 'à' it's impossible to
parse trought:

COPY products FROM '/var/lib/postgres/dadesi.txt' USING DELIMITERS '|' \g

it causes:

SELECT edicion FROM products;
edicion
-----------------
España|Nacional <-------puts on the same cell either there's an '|' in
the middle!!!

but changing 'ñ' for n

SELECT edicion FROM products;
edicion
Espana <---------------it separates cells ok

so what's my solution for a text to COPY containing such characters?

best regards,
jaume