Re: python / 7.4 / FC5 / x86_64

Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-patches
From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: python / 7.4 / FC5 / x86_64
Date: 2006-08-29 14:25:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

I see that my new 64 bit / FC5 buildfarm member died on building 7.4
due to the following line in the configure script:

python_configdir="${python_execprefix}/lib/python${python_version}/config"

On my machine, this should be lib64, not lib. In fact, both
/usr/lib/python2.4 and /usr/lib64/python2.4 exist, so I can't just use a
soft link to get around this.

I could just disable building with python on that branch on my buildfarm
member. Or we could fix it in the config script properly, although I am
not sure how possible that is, nor if it is at all worth it -
backporting the 8.0 changes would be the way I guess.

Thoughts?

cheers

andrew

Am Dienstag, 29. August 2006 16:25 schrieb Andrew Dunstan:
> On my machine, this should be lib64, not lib. In fact, both
> /usr/lib/python2.4 and /usr/lib64/python2.4 exist, so I can't just use a
> soft link to get around this.

Ideally, we would get Python to tell us the right location, because "use lib64
if it exists" isn't the right solution.

Is this fixed somewhere post 7.4?

--
Peter Eisentraut

> I see that my new 64 bit / FC5 buildfarm member died on building 7.4
> due to the following line in the configure script:
>
> python_configdir="${python_execprefix}/lib/python${python_version}/config"
>
> On my machine, this should be lib64, not lib. In fact, both
> /usr/lib/python2.4 and /usr/lib64/python2.4 exist, so I can't just use a
> soft link to get around this.
>
> I could just disable building with python on that branch on my buildfarm
> member. Or we could fix it in the config script properly, although I am
> not sure how possible that is, nor if it is at all worth it -
> backporting the 8.0 changes would be the way I guess.
>
> Thoughts?

Use a different CPP_FLAGS? That is what we have to do on our hosting-two
box.

http://www.commandprompt.com/

> Am Dienstag, 29. August 2006 16:25 schrieb Andrew Dunstan:
>
>> On my machine, this should be lib64, not lib. In fact, both
>> /usr/lib/python2.4 and /usr/lib64/python2.4 exist, so I can't just use a
>> soft link to get around this.
>>

> Ideally, we would get Python to tell us the right location, because "use lib64
> if it exists" isn't the right solution.
>
> Is this fixed somewhere post 7.4?

Yes, but it was never backported. See:

http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/config/python.m4