Re: Commit fest?

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Commit fest?
Date: 2008-03-14 17:19:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Commit fest?
Date: 2008-03-14 17:31:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I was just curious what the status of the Commit Fest was?

It's moving, but slowly. Bruce and I have been knocking items off
the queue, but we could use some help with reviewing.

http://momjian.us/cgi-bin/pgpatches

Please leave a comment if you're starting to work on anything
large, so that people don't duplicate effort.

regards, tom lane

> "Joshua D. Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> writes:
>> I was just curious what the status of the Commit Fest was?
>
> It's moving, but slowly. Bruce and I have been knocking items off
> the queue, but we could use some help with reviewing.

Could you point me at a patch you think would make a good candidate? Or should
I just pick a random one?

--
Gregory Stark

>> It's moving, but slowly. Bruce and I have been knocking items off
>> the queue, but we could use some help with reviewing.

> Could you point me at a patch you think would make a good candidate? Or should
> I just pick a random one?

Pick things you feel interested in and competent to review.

regards, tom lane

> "Joshua D. Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> writes:
>
>> I was just curious what the status of the Commit Fest was?
>>

> It's moving, but slowly. Bruce and I have been knocking items off
> the queue, but we could use some help with reviewing.
>
> http://momjian.us/cgi-bin/pgpatches
>
> Please leave a comment if you're starting to work on anything
> large, so that people don't duplicate effort.

I can't say I find this an advance - paging through 14 pages of subject
headers with the odd comment isn't very productive. A nice wiki table
with links to the discussions would be much nicer, IMNSHO.

cheers

andrew