Re: LEAST and GREATEST functions?

Lists: pgsql-sql
From: Stefan Bill <sjb26(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: LEAST and GREATEST functions?
Date: 2003-06-30 20:10:57
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,

I know the LEAST and GREATEST functions are not part
of standard SQL, but they sure were handy where I came
from (Oracle-land).

Has anyone written user-defined functions that do the
same thing?

Are there any plans to add these functions as part of
a future version Postgres?

Thanks,

-Stefan

http://sbc.yahoo.com

> I know the LEAST and GREATEST functions are not part
> of standard SQL, but they sure were handy where I came
> from (Oracle-land).
>
> Has anyone written user-defined functions that do the
> same thing?
>
> Are there any plans to add these functions as part of
> a future version Postgres?

Um, what's wrong with MAX and MIN, exactly?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions