Re: Viability of text HISTORY/INSTALL/regression README files (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Document a few more regression test hazards.)

Lists: pgsql-committerspgsql-docspgsql-hackers
From: Robert Haas <rhaas(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql: Document a few more regression test hazards.
Date: 2014-02-03 15:49:30
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-docs pgsql-hackers

Document a few more regression test hazards.

Michael Paquier, reviewed by Christian Kruse

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/65a193ebbb5e94b87773fbcbf8909ff8044734ab

Modified Files
--------------
doc/src/sgml/regress.sgml | 20 ++++++++++++++++++--

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Haas <rhaas(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2014-02-03 21:38:42
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-docs pgsql-hackers

Robert Haas <rhaas(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:
> Document a few more regression test hazards.

guaibasaurus doesn't like this patch: you need to be more careful
about links, because the regression instructions are supposed to
compile as a standalone document.

Easy answer is to get rid of the link to RUNTIME-CONFIG-QUERY-ENABLE.
I think there's some hack you can use to make it sort-of-work standalone
too; look at the release notes for examples.

regards, tom lane