Re: patch for contrib/isn

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Jan Otto <asche(at)me(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: patch for contrib/isn
Date: 2010-08-04 17:32:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

hi all,

currently i am working on a big project for a german bookseller and
publisher. one of the requirements was correct hyphenation of ISBN-13
for about 14.400.000 books in postgresql database. so added support
for hyphenating isbn with the new 979-prefix and additionally added all
missing ranges since year 2006 for isbn with 978-prefix.

patch against HEAD is attached and validated against a lot of previously
wrong and correct hyphenated isbn.

regards, jan

Attachment Content-Type Size
contrib_isn-1.patch application/octet-stream 25.4 KB

On Wed, 2010-08-04 at 19:32 +0200, Jan Otto wrote:
> hi all,
>
> currently i am working on a big project for a german bookseller and
> publisher. one of the requirements was correct hyphenation of ISBN-13
> for about 14.400.000 books in postgresql database. so added support
> for hyphenating isbn with the new 979-prefix and additionally added all
> missing ranges since year 2006 for isbn with 978-prefix.
>
> patch against HEAD is attached and validated against a lot of previously
> wrong and correct hyphenated isbn.
>
> regards, jan

Great! Thanks. We will get it on the review list.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor

"Joshua D. Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-08-04 at 19:32 +0200, Jan Otto wrote:

>> patch against HEAD is attached and validated against a lot of
>> previously wrong and correct hyphenated isbn.

> Great! Thanks. We will get it on the review list.

I added it as "isbn update" to the 2010-09 CommitFest page.

-Kevin

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 2:58 PM, Kevin Grittner
> "Joshua D. Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:
>> On Wed, 2010-08-04 at 19:32 +0200, Jan Otto wrote:
>
>>> patch against HEAD is attached and validated against a lot of
>>> previously wrong and correct hyphenated isbn.
>
>> Great! Thanks. We will get it on the review list.
>
> I added it as "isbn update" to the 2010-09 CommitFest page.

Please put "contrib/isn" in the name somewhere so that there is some
overlap between the subject line and the CF entry. I can't tell you
how many times I've gone "oh, crud, what was the subject line for the
latest version of the \ef / \sf patch?" in the last two weeks.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company

> Please put "contrib/isn" in the name somewhere so that there is
> some overlap between the subject line and the CF entry.

It is now "contrib/isn isbn update".

-Kevin

On ons, 2010-08-04 at 19:32 +0200, Jan Otto wrote:
> patch against HEAD is attached and validated against a lot of
> previously wrong and correct hyphenated isbn.

I think this module could use a regression test.

On Aug 6, 2010, at 11:08 PM, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> On ons, 2010-08-04 at 19:32 +0200, Jan Otto wrote:
>> patch against HEAD is attached and validated against a lot of
>> previously wrong and correct hyphenated isbn.
>
> I think this module could use a regression test.

i'll take a look at this within next days.

regards, jan