7.4 feature freeze is here

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: 7.4 feature freeze is here
Date: 2003-07-01 21:26:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The Postgres core committee would like to announce that we are now in
feature-freeze mode for the 7.4 release.

All patches already received in pgsql-patches will be considered in the
usual fashion (and yes, we'll allow some slack for fixing problems in
them). New features arriving in the future will be held for 7.5.

Feel free to keep sending patches that fix bugs or improve
documentation; only new features are out.

The plan is to spend the next two weeks cleaning things up (bug fixes,
documentation, etc) with a formal beta release scheduled on or about
July 15.

Final release of 7.4 will be whenever it seems ready, as usual.

regards, tom lane

Once you folks are done going through the remaining list of patches, can
we get someone to send a rough list of new features in 7.4 sent over to
-advocacy? Please feel free to highlight any items that you think
warrant special notice from a technical standpoint. Thanks in advance,

Robert Treat