Re: Commit fest 2014-12, let's begin!

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Commit fest 2014-12, let's begin!
Date: 2014-12-15 05:37:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

Let's begin the commit fest of December:
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view?id=25

Looking at the stats at the top of the above page, there are currently
56 patches to be dealt with:
- Needs Review: 48
- Waiting on Author: 5
- Ready for Committer: 3
In short we are in cruel need of reviewers to make things move on.

To reviewers:
- This commit fest may be a good occasion for you to study new parts
of the code, there are many simple patches in need of love.
- If you are marked as a reviewer for a given patch, but you know that
you won't have time to look at it, it is advised that yoy remove your
name to give room to someone else.
- Be sure to keep the information of the patch you are reviewing fresh
on the CF app. This needs at most 2 minutes.
- Feel free to ping the patch submitter if what you reviewed does not
get updated. People have their daily jobs and are busy, so try to not
be too pushy. A delay of one week may give a good base, but that's
holiday season in many places.

And to patch submitters:
- Please review one patch of equivalent difficulty with your own patch
to help keeping a balance between reviews each patch
- Be sure to keep the information about your patch up-to-date
- Feel free to ping your reviewer if you have no news and need more feedback

To committers: there are 2 patches marked as ready for committer from
previous commit fest:
- Foreign table inheritance
- Point to polygon distance operator

This is going to be a period of vacations for many people here, so
let's do our best.
Michael