Re: pg_filedump for 9.4?

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Devrim Gündüz <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: pg_filedump for 9.4?
Date: 2014-06-25 13:10:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Will there be a pg_filedump for 9.4? I'd like to finish package tests
before we release 9.4.0.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Devrim Gündüz <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_filedump for 9.4?
Date: 2014-06-25 15:31:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Devrim =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=FCnd=FCz?= <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org> writes:
> Will there be a pg_filedump for 9.4? I'd like to finish package tests
> before we release 9.4.0.

Probably, but I have no time for it right now.

FWIW, I believe the current "9.3" sources still work with HEAD/9.4.

regards, tom lane

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 12:31 PM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> Devrim =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=FCnd=FCz?= <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org> writes:
> > Will there be a pg_filedump for 9.4? I'd like to finish package tests
> > before we release 9.4.0.
>
> Probably, but I have no time for it right now.
>
> FWIW, I believe the current "9.3" sources still work with HEAD/9.4.

I'll check it and post the results.

Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Consultoria/Coaching PostgreSQL

=?UTF-8?Q?Fabr=C3=ADzio_de_Royes_Mello?= <fabriziomello(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 12:31 PM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>> Devrim =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=FCnd=FCz?= <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org> writes:
>>> Will there be a pg_filedump for 9.4? I'd like to finish package tests
>>> before we release 9.4.0.

>> Probably, but I have no time for it right now.
>> FWIW, I believe the current "9.3" sources still work with HEAD/9.4.

> I'll check it and post the results.

I forgot to mention that thanks to Christoph Berg, the pg_filedump sources
have gotten off pgfoundry and onto git.postgresql.org. If anyone's got
bandwidth for working on it (in particular, merging the checksum-testing
code that was posted awhile back), I'd be happy to grant commit access.

regards, tom lane

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 1:28 PM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> =?UTF-8?Q?Fabr=C3=ADzio_de_Royes_Mello?= <fabriziomello(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
>
> >> Probably, but I have no time for it right now.
> >> FWIW, I believe the current "9.3" sources still work with HEAD/9.4.
>
> > I'll check it and post the results.
>
> I forgot to mention that thanks to Christoph Berg, the pg_filedump sources
> have gotten off pgfoundry and onto git.postgresql.org. If anyone's got
> bandwidth for working on it (in particular, merging the checksum-testing
> code that was posted awhile back), I'd be happy to grant commit access.

Merged...

I'm thinking in run "pgindent" to better organize the source code... What
do you think?

Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Consultoria/Coaching PostgreSQL
>> Timbira: http://www.timbira.com.br
>> Blog sobre TI: http://fabriziomello.blogspot.com
>> Perfil Linkedin: http://br.linkedin.com/in/fabriziomello
>> Twitter: http://twitter.com/fabriziomello

Attachment Content-Type Size
checksum-testing_v1.patch text/x-diff 5.9 KB