Re: WARNING: uuid.h: present but cannot be compiled

Lists: pgsql-bugs
From: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)justatheory(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: WARNING: uuid.h: present but cannot be compiled
Date: 2009-04-17 03:14:33
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I'm building 8.4beta1 on Mac OS X 10.5.6. I have ossp-uuid installed
with its includes in /usr/local/include/ossp-uuid. I'm building
PostgreSQL like so:

export CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include/ossp-uuid"
./configure --with-libedit-preferred --with-bonjour --with-perl PERL=/
user/local/bin/perl \
--with-openssl --with-pam --with-krb5 --with-libxml --with-ldap --with-
ossp-uuid \
--with-libs=/usr/local/lib --with-includes=/usr/local/include --
prefix=/usr/local/pgsql

Configure generates this warning:

checking uuid.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: uuid.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: uuid.h: check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: uuid.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: uuid.h: section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: uuid.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: uuid.h: in the future, the compiler will take
precedence
configure: WARNING: ## ---------------------------------------- ##
configure: WARNING: ## Report this to pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org ##
checking for uuid.h... yes

I guess it's finding Apple's uuid.h and not OSSP's? Do I need to set
some other environment variable to tell PostgreSQL where to find the
ossp uuid include?

BTW, I moved OSSP's uuid.h because it caused conflicts with other apps
that just need Apple's uuid.h. This is a known issue for OSSP UUID:

http://cvs.ossp.org/tktview?tn=164

Best,

David