Re: UPDATE... RETURNING AFTER/BEFORE

Lists: pgsql-students
From: Karol Trzcionka <karlikt(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-students(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: UPDATE... RETURNING AFTER/BEFORE
Date: 2013-06-28 20:12:49
Lists: pgsql-students

Hello,
the core of the feature is done. It works for simple statements like:
UPDATE foo2 SET bar1=bar1+1 RETURNING before.bar1, after.bar1,
foo2.bar1, foo2.bar1*before.bar1 AS sth;
or
UPDATE foo SET bar = bar || ' __ ' RETURNING md5(after.bar),
md5(before.bar);
However some of regression tests fail (71 of 136) and it is the next
step of my work. The other problem is the performance, it unnecessary
Seq Scan over whole table (values from these scans are not used).
Regards,
Karol Trzcionka

This week I've finished the feature patch. It is sent to -hackers and
posted on commitfest. The remaining work is to prepare regression tests
and fix any issues reported on -hackers (if any).
Regards,
Karol

> This week I've finished the feature patch. It is sent to -hackers and
> posted on commitfest. The remaining work is to prepare regression tests
> and fix any issues reported on -hackers (if any).
> Regards,
> Karol

I wouldn't expect any real feedback on it until CF1 ends, except from your mentor.

--Josh Berkus