Re: pgsql: Remove dead ports

Lists: pgsql-committerspgsql-hackers
From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql: Remove dead ports
Date: 2012-05-01 19:17:08
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

Remove dead ports

Remove the following ports:

- dgux
- nextstep
- sunos4
- svr4
- ultrix4
- univel

These are obsolete and not worth rescuing. In most cases, there is
circumstantial evidence that they wouldn't work anymore anyway.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/f2f9439fbfba378cb64cd6e5a046e0184cd542c6

Modified Files
--------------
configure | 9 ---
configure.in | 9 ---
doc/src/sgml/installation.sgml | 6 +-
src/Makefile.shlib | 12 ----
src/backend/main/main.c | 4 -
src/backend/port/dynloader/dgux.c | 6 --
src/backend/port/dynloader/dgux.h | 44 -------------
src/backend/port/dynloader/irix.h | 2 +-
src/backend/port/dynloader/nextstep.c | 84 -------------------------
src/backend/port/dynloader/nextstep.h | 26 --------
src/backend/port/dynloader/sunos4.c | 7 --
src/backend/port/dynloader/sunos4.h | 46 --------------
src/backend/port/dynloader/svr4.c | 7 --
src/backend/port/dynloader/svr4.h | 46 --------------
src/backend/port/dynloader/ultrix4.c | 67 --------------------
src/backend/port/dynloader/ultrix4.h | 109 ---------------------------------
src/backend/port/dynloader/univel.c | 7 --
src/backend/port/dynloader/univel.h | 49 ---------------
src/backend/port/dynloader/unixware.h | 2 +-
src/backend/port/nextstep/Makefile | 17 -----
src/backend/port/nextstep/port.c | 62 -------------------
src/include/port/dgux.h | 3 -
src/include/port/nextstep.h | 19 ------