Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fixed string in German translation that causes segfault.

Lists: pgsql-committerspgsql-hackers
From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql: Fixed string in German translation that causes segfault.
Date: 2011-06-20 11:58:26
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

Fixed string in German translation that causes segfault.

Applied patch by Christoph Berg <cb(at)df7cb(dot)de> to replace placeholder "%s" by
correct string.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/bddc35ac664bc16a8953d0d46bf85e80b78bc493

Modified Files
--------------
src/backend/po/de.po | 2 +-

From: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers ML <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2011-06-20 12:03:37
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 2011-06-20 at 11:58 +0000, Michael Meskes wrote:

> Fixed string in German translation that causes segfault.
>
> Applied patch by Christoph Berg <cb(at)df7cb(dot)de> to replace placeholder
> "%s" by correct string.

AFAIK this won't have any effect. This change needs to go to through
pgtranslation project.
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
http://www.gunduz.org Twitter: http://twitter.com/devrimgunduz

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 03:03:37PM +0300, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-06-20 at 11:58 +0000, Michael Meskes wrote:
> >
> > Fixed string in German translation that causes segfault.
> >
> > Applied patch by Christoph Berg <cb(at)df7cb(dot)de> to replace placeholder
> > "%s" by correct string.
>
> AFAIK this won't have any effect. This change needs to go to through
> pgtranslation project.

Oops, didn't know that. Does that mean the files in our main git are not the
canonical versions?

Michael

--
Michael Meskes
Jabber: michael.meskes at googlemail dot com

2011/6/20 Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>:
> On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 03:03:37PM +0300, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
>> On Mon, 2011-06-20 at 11:58 +0000, Michael Meskes wrote:
>> >
>> > Fixed string in German translation that causes segfault.
>> >
>> > Applied patch by Christoph Berg <cb(at)df7cb(dot)de> to replace placeholder
>> > "%s" by correct string.
>>
>> AFAIK this won't have any effect. This change needs to go to through
>> pgtranslation project.
>
> Oops, didn't know that. Does that mean the files in our main git are not the
> canonical versions?

Yep. Peter overrides them just before each release.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 09:15:52AM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> Yep. Peter overrides them just before each release.

Aren't there better ways to implement this, like git submodules? This
redundancy seem awkward to me.

Michael

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 9:54 AM, Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 09:15:52AM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
>> Yep.  Peter overrides them just before each release.
>
> Aren't there better ways to implement this, like git submodules? This
> redundancy seem awkward to me.

Dunno. I just work here. :-)