Re: Postgres 9 and postgis1.5.2

Lists: pgsql-general
From: akp geek <akpgeek(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postgres 9 and postgis1.5.2
Date: 2010-11-24 15:47:18
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi All -

Did any one of you build Postgres 9 and postgis package on
solaris 10? I am planning to do one. Any suggestions?

Regards

From: Sebastian Jaenicke <sjaenick(at)CeBiTec(dot)Uni-Bielefeld(dot)DE>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres 9 and postgis1.5.2
Date: 2010-11-24 15:59:12
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 10:47:18AM -0500, akp geek wrote:
[..]
> Did any one of you build Postgres 9 and postgis package on
> solaris 10? I am planning to do one. Any suggestions?

Postgres 9.0 yes, PostGIS no.

Sun Studio compiler 12.2, with CFLAGS="-m64 -xO3 -xarch=native"

src/interfaces/ecpg/preproc/preproc.c # compile by hand without -x03,
# seems to be a compiler bug

If compiling with dtrace support (--enable-dtrace DTRACEFLAGS="-64"),
you might be affected by

http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6672627

- Sebastian

Thanks for sharing the info. I will post my experiences

Regards

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 10:59 AM, Sebastian Jaenicke <
sjaenick(at)cebitec(dot)uni-bielefeld(dot)de> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 10:47:18AM -0500, akp geek wrote:
> [..]
> > Did any one of you build Postgres 9 and postgis package
> on
> > solaris 10? I am planning to do one. Any suggestions?
>
> Postgres 9.0 yes, PostGIS no.
>
> Sun Studio compiler 12.2, with CFLAGS="-m64 -xO3 -xarch=native"
>
> src/interfaces/ecpg/preproc/preproc.c # compile by hand without -x03,
> # seems to be a compiler bug
>
> If compiling with dtrace support (--enable-dtrace DTRACEFLAGS="-64"),
> you might be affected by
>
> http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6672627
>

> - Sebastian
>
> --
> A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting.
> Q: Why do I not get an answer to my question(s)?
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

One more question. What version of perl do you have? and do we have to
install perl at all or we can use the one that comes with OS?

Regards