Re: [INTERFACES] ECPG Documentation Improvement

Lists: pgsql-docspgsql-interfaces
From: Satoshi Nagayasu <satoshi(dot)nagayasu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ECPG Documentation Improvement
Date: 2010-06-17 09:07:05
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-interfaces

Hi all,

I'm trying to improve the ECPG documents for the ECPG application
developrs, because some of my clients want more detailed information
when they develop (or migrate) an embeded SQL applications.
Of course, I want to contribute this work to the official manual.

So I have one thing to introduce to you, and thing to ask you.

At first, I've done writing ECPG directives.
I think it could be useful for the ECPG application developers,
similar to the SQL reference section in the official manual.

ecpgdocs @ GoogleCode (I'm working here.)
http://code.google.com/p/ecpgdocs/

ecpgdocs downloads (You can find the current document.)
http://code.google.com/p/ecpgdocs/downloads/list?deleted=1&ts=1276763948

However, I'm not familiar with ECPG details or internals,
so here is one asking, I hope someone to review my documents
and give some feedback to me.

Feedbacks which I'm expecting are:

- Is this document useful?
- Missing directives.
- Missing or wrong synopsis.
- More appropriate descriptions on parameters or examples.
- How to contribute this to the official manual.
- Correcting English. (sorry for my poor English.)
- etc...

Honestly, I'm not familiar with the documentation acceptance/review process,
so any advice and/or comments are welcome.

NAGAYASU Satoshi <satoshi(dot)nagayasu(at)gmail(dot)com>