Re: [GENERAL] to_timestamp() and quarters

Lists: pgsql-generalpgsql-hackers
From: Asher Hoskins <asher(at)piceur(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: to_timestamp() and quarters
Date: 2010-03-02 10:47:03
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Hello.

I can't seem to get to_timestamp() or to_date() to work with quarters,
can anyone see what I'm doing wrong?

e.g.
select to_date('2010-1', 'YYYY-Q');
Gives "2010-01-01" (correct).

select to_date('2010-3', 'YYYY-Q');
Also gives "2010-01-01" (should be 2010-07-01);

Am I misunderstanding how this function works? EXTRACT(QUARTER FROM
date) works fine.

I'm running Postgresql 8.4.2 on a FreeBSD system.

Thanks,
Asher.