Re: Marc: please change defaults on header size limits

Lists: pgsql-www
From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Marc: please change defaults on header size limits
Date: 2009-06-06 20:25:37
Lists: pgsql-www

Marc,

I've been running into this kind of bounce a lot lately on the various
lists I admin:

Your message to press has been delayed, and requires the approval
of the moderators, for the following reason(s):

The message headers are too large (4442 > 4096)

... it seems like the default limit of 4096 bytes is niggardly for
modern e-mail. Can we raise the default on all MJ lists to something
more realistic, like 16K?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.