Re: Wrap around vacuum

Lists: pgsql-general
From: elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>
Subject: Wrap around vacuum
Date: 2009-04-13 23:22:09
Lists: pgsql-general

Please copy elein(at)varlena(dot)com on responses. I am way behind on my
general mail.

autovacuum does special stuff when there is an approaching transaction
wrap around.
We have a lot of transactions and wrap around as much as once a week.

We'd like to invoke vacuum to do the special stuff explicitly so that
we can
do it during lower traffic times. Like weekends rather than weekdays.

How can we do that?

elein
elein(at)varlena(dot)com

> autovacuum does special stuff when there is an approaching transaction
> wrap around.
> We have a lot of transactions and wrap around as much as once a week.
>
> We'd like to invoke vacuum to do the special stuff explicitly so that we
> can do it during lower traffic times. Like weekends rather than
> weekdays.

What release are we talking about? 8.1, 8.2 and 8.3 are all different
in this regard.