Re: deductive databases in postgreSQL

Lists: pgsql-generalpgsql-hackers
From: Carlos Gonzalez-Cadenas <carlos(at)gonzalez(dot)name>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: deductive databases in postgreSQL
Date: 2009-01-21 18:09:28
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

We're looking for a deductive database for our application. Oracle, in the
11g version, has extended its RDBMS with deductive capabilities, supporting
a subset of OWL-DL[1]. They are able to load an ontology, perform the
inferences, dump the inferred info in the database and after that answer
queries with the asserted plus the inferred info.

We would like to have similar functionalities in PostgreSQL. Do you know if
there's someone working on that or if there are plans to support it soon?.
If not, what do you think is the best and most efficient way of implementing
it?

Thank you very much in advance,

Carlos

[1]: http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/semantic_technologies/index.html