Re: BUG #4529: lc_messages in config ignored

Lists: pgsql-bugs
From: "pro" <proler(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #4529: lc_messages in config ignored
Date: 2008-11-13 22:30:47
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 4529
Logged by: pro
Email address: proler(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.3.*
Operating system: windows xp sp2 eng + rus mui
Details:

messages always in russian language in 8.3.4 and 8.3.5 - utf, cp1251 on
earlier versions.
but i want english.
postgres ignore any definitions:
lc_messages = 'C'
or
lc_messages = 'english.english'

in freebsd i have no this bug.

From: Rainer Bauer <usenet(at)munnin(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #4529: lc_messages in config ignored
Date: 2008-11-14 11:20:21
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"pro" wrote:

>The following bug has been logged online:
>
>Bug reference: 4529
>Logged by: pro
>Email address: proler(at)gmail(dot)com
>PostgreSQL version: 8.3.*
>Operating system: windows xp sp2 eng + rus mui
>Details:
>
>messages always in russian language in 8.3.4 and 8.3.5 - utf, cp1251 on
>earlier versions.
>but i want english.
>postgres ignore any definitions:
>lc_messages = 'C'
>or
>lc_messages = 'english.english'
>
>in freebsd i have no this bug.

I have reported this bug about a month ago:
<http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2008-10/msg00026.php> but never got
any response.

Rainer

> >The following bug has been logged online:
> >
> >Bug reference: 4529
> >Logged by: pro
> >Email address: proler(at)gmail(dot)com
> >PostgreSQL version: 8.3.*
> >Operating system: windows xp sp2 eng + rus mui
> >Details:
> >
> >messages always in russian language in 8.3.4 and 8.3.5 - utf, cp1251 on
> >earlier versions.
> >but i want english.
> >postgres ignore any definitions:
> >lc_messages = 'C'
> >or
> >lc_messages = 'english.english'
> >
> >in freebsd i have no this bug.
>
> I have reported this bug about a month ago:
> <http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2008-10/msg00026.php> but never got
> any response.

Yep, we know it is a bug but haven't found a fix yet.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com