Re: RFC: Grants

Lists: pgus-general
From: Joshua Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: pgus-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RFC: Grants
Date: 2008-08-04 23:12:10
Lists: pgus-general

Hello,

As promised on the update here is what is currently under consideration
for grants. Please let us know your thoughts:

Grant types:
* There will be two types of grants:
* General grants
General grants are those that we don't plan for. It may be for a
someone to give a talk at a show or to write a HOWTO.

* Specialized grants
Specialized grants are grants that are predetermined by the Grant
committee. An example would be, "1500.00 to add X feature to
PHP-PDO".

Eligibility:

* Grants will available to members of PgUS of Professional or Student
status. (This is already determined per our membership benefits)

Selection:

* We will have a grant committee that will have a specific budget for
grants.

How to apply:

In order to apply an eligible member will have to fill out a grant
application (likely through the postgresql.us website). The application
will require the minimum information:

Personal Information (Name, address etc..)
Grant type you are requesting
* A Specialized grant
If so, which
* A General grant

If a General grant:

What are you seeking a grant for?
* Develop a TODO item?
* Write a HOWTO?
* Air fare to speak at X conference?

How much money are you looking for?

How will the money be used?

What is benefit to PostgreSQL should the grant be awarded?

What do you hope to learn or teach should the grant be awarded?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake