Re: Commit fest?

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: bruce(at)momjian(dot)us
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Commit fest?
Date: 2008-03-15 16:20:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

bruce wrote:
> > Yea, that is a big problem because the URLs are dynamic. I have the
> > comments based on message id but there is no way to hook that to a URL.
>
> I have modified the code so each email message now shows a _permanent_
> URL at the top, e.g.
>
> Permanent URL: http://momjian.us/mhonarc/patches/44DA31B1.3090700.enterprisedb.com.html

I have shortened the URL using md5:

Permanent URL: http://momjian.us/mhonarc/patches/dded9117101d6b0e1b8357066b9df9cd.html

So _now_ it is permanent. ;-)

From: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Greg Smith" <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Date: 2008-03-15 16:42:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> writes:

> bruce wrote:
>> > Yea, that is a big problem because the URLs are dynamic. I have the
>> > comments based on message id but there is no way to hook that to a URL.
>>
>> I have modified the code so each email message now shows a _permanent_
>> URL at the top, e.g.
>>
>> Permanent URL: http://momjian.us/mhonarc/patches/44DA31B1.3090700.enterprisedb.com.html
>
> I have shortened the URL using md5:
>
> Permanent URL: http://momjian.us/mhonarc/patches/dded9117101d6b0e1b8357066b9df9cd.html
>
> So _now_ it is permanent. ;-)

Not Found
The requested URL /mhonarc/patches/dded9117101d6b0e1b8357066b9df9cd.html was not found on this server.

--
Gregory Stark

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Date: 2008-03-15 16:48:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Gregory Stark wrote:

> >> I have modified the code so each email message now shows a _permanent_
> >> URL at the top, e.g.
> >>
> >> Permanent URL: http://momjian.us/mhonarc/patches/44DA31B1.3090700.enterprisedb.com.html
> >
> > I have shortened the URL using md5:
> >
> > Permanent URL: http://momjian.us/mhonarc/patches/dded9117101d6b0e1b8357066b9df9cd.html
> >
> > So _now_ it is permanent. ;-)
>
> Not Found
> The requested URL /mhonarc/patches/dded9117101d6b0e1b8357066b9df9cd.html was not found on this server.

Yes, sorry, I had to remove the feature. I will re-add it
tomorrow/Sunday.

"Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> writes:

> Gregory Stark wrote:

>> > I have shortened the URL using md5:
>> >
>> > Permanent URL: http://momjian.us/mhonarc/patches/dded9117101d6b0e1b8357066b9df9cd.html
>> >
>> > So _now_ it is permanent. ;-)
>>
>> Not Found
>> The requested URL /mhonarc/patches/dded9117101d6b0e1b8357066b9df9cd.html was not found on this server.
>
> Yes, sorry, I had to remove the feature. I will re-add it
> tomorrow/Sunday.

Actually, is it just me or has the whole patch queue disappeared?
Everything under /mhonarc/patches seems to be gone.

--
Gregory Stark