Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Setting up for Press Contacts inSE Asia

Lists: pgsql-advocacypgsql-www
From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-www] Setting up for Press Contacts inSE Asia
Date: 2008-01-28 19:04:32
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

Magnus,

> I assume it's fairly large? We could probably stick it on the wwwmaster
> server then. Depends on where you actually need to access it from,
> though?

No, it's small. And I just need psql and pgAdmin-over-ssh. Eventually
we'll want a wwwmaster PHP interface to it so we can maintain the RCs on
wwwmaster.

Hmmm. I also need to "spam" the press contacts ... that uses perl:DBI and
SMTP.

Anyway, I'd rather not do this just before the release, let's do it just
after.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

>> I assume it's fairly large? We could probably stick it on the wwwmaster
>> server then. Depends on where you actually need to access it from,
>> though?
>
> No, it's small. And I just need psql and pgAdmin-over-ssh. Eventually
> we'll want a wwwmaster PHP interface to it so we can maintain the RCs on
> wwwmaster.

I meant small. I have no idea why I wrote large.

And I assume ssl is as good as ssh :P

> Hmmm. I also need to "spam" the press contacts ... that uses perl:DBI and
> SMTP.

If you can just limit what IP is used, that should be no problem.

> Anyway, I'd rather not do this just before the release, let's do it just
> after.

Agreed.

//Magnus