BUG #3699: Fails to compile DTrace Support

Lists: pgsql-bugs
From: "Lee Packham" <lpackham(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #3699: Fails to compile DTrace Support
Date: 2007-10-26 07:30:10
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 3699
Logged by: Lee Packham
Email address: lpackham(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.2.5
Operating system: OSX Leopard
Details:

I have built a patch to enable a working DTrace on OSX with Postgres 8.2.5.
Basically the problem is that the dtrace command on OSX doesn't have the -G
parameter - so you have to use the newer -h method to produce a header file.

I have put the patch on my blog.

http://leenux.org.uk/dtrace-patches/dtrace-with-postgres-on-osx

Hope this is of use to you guys.

Cheers,