Re: Machine available for community use

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Greg Smith" <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Machine available for community use
Date: 2007-07-25 18:11:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Perhaps RH could donate us a RHEL/RHN licence for this?

/D

From: "Gavin M(dot) Roy" <gmr(at)myyearbook(dot)com>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Greg Smith" <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2007-07-25 18:31:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

One thing to take into account is I dont have physical access to the
box (It is in TX, I am in PA). All installs but Gentoo will be
performed by a well trained NOC monkey. *cough*

"Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:
> Perhaps RH could donate us a RHEL/RHN licence for this?

I could ask, if there's consensus we want it. It sounded like more
people like Debian, though.

regards, tom lane

> One thing to take into account is I dont have physical access to the
> box (It is in TX, I am in PA). All installs but Gentoo will be
> performed by a well trained NOC monkey. *cough*

iLO ?

Stefan

> "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:
>> Perhaps RH could donate us a RHEL/RHN licence for this?
>
> I could ask, if there's consensus we want it. It sounded like more
> people like Debian, though.

well a RHEL/RHN licence would not be a bad thing either (and I guess
it's also a fairly common database-on-linux platform).

Stefan

> "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:
> > Perhaps RH could donate us a RHEL/RHN licence for this?
>
> I could ask, if there's consensus we want it.

Please.

> It sounded like more
> people like Debian, though.

Well, if you don't we probably will go Debian.

--
Simon Riggs