Re: line folding versus shop line

Lists: pgsql-general
From: "fritz-bayer(at)web(dot)de" <fritz-bayer(at)web(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: line folding versus shop line
Date: 2007-02-07 10:45:25
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I'm using postgresql 7.4. If I execute SQL Select statement, then the
records fold around lines.

I would like to turn this off, so that lines do not fold.

I know the option in less, which one has to set to "-S". I have
exported the variable and it works with textfiles.

However, if I use psql then lines are folded even so the enviornment
variable of LESS is set to S.

How do I turn line folding off, so that records do not wrap around???

Fritz

On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 02:45:25AM -0800, fritz-bayer(at)web(dot)de wrote:
> However, if I use psql then lines are folded even so the enviornment
> variable of LESS is set to S.
>
> How do I turn line folding off, so that records do not wrap around???

Is your PAGER environment variable set to "less"?

--
Michael Fuhr