Re: Talks for OSCON? Only 5 days left!

Lists: pgsql-advocacypgsql-hackers
From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Talks for OSCON? Only 5 days left!
Date: 2007-01-30 21:22:23
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-hackers

All,

We only have five days left to submit talks for OSCON (Portland, last week
of July): http://conferences.oreillynet.com/cs/os2007/create/e_sess

I'd like to check & coordinate what people are submitting from PostgreSQL
to make sure we have the strongest possible PostgreSQL content. So far we
have:

Performance Whack-a-Mole - Josh Berkus
Joy of Index - Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL analytics with DTrace - Theo Schlossnagle

... this isn't nearly enough. We need some cool talks on building
applications with pgcrypto, PostGIS, TSearch2 and more!

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

> PostgreSQL analytics with DTrace - Theo Schlossnagle

ah, also:
Database Application Tools: Nicolai Petri

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 01:48:46PM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:

> > Performance Whack-a-Mole - Josh Berkus
> > Joy of Index - Josh Berkus
> > PostgreSQL analytics with DTrace - Theo Schlossnagle
>
> ah, also:
> Database Application Tools: Nicolai Petri

You forgot PL/Perl Best Practices by Yours Truly :)

Cheers,
phone: +1 415 235 3778 AIM: dfetter666
Skype: davidfetter

Remember to vote!

May I suggest you refer to the pgcon submissions. There's quite a few to choose from (44 at last count).