Re: Companies Contributing to Open Source

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Companies Contributing to Open Source
Date: 2006-12-19 17:11:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I have written an article about the complexities of companies
contributing to open source projects:

http://momjian.us/main/writings/pgsql/company_contributions/

If you have any suggestions, please let me know. I am going to add a
link to this from the developer's FAQ.

--
Bruce Momjian bruce(at)momjian(dot)us

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Companies Contributing to Open Source
Date: 2006-12-19 18:02:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 2006-12-19 at 12:11 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I have written an article about the complexities of companies
> contributing to open source projects:
>
> http://momjian.us/main/writings/pgsql/company_contributions/
>
> If you have any suggestions, please let me know. I am going to add a
> link to this from the developer's FAQ.

This is certainly interesting. Is there a possibility of being able to
read it as a single page? I would like to comment on it but it is hard
to cross reference specific points (at least to me) with the small
sections.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

http://www.commandprompt.com/

> On Tue, 2006-12-19 at 12:11 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > I have written an article about the complexities of companies
> > contributing to open source projects:
> >
> > http://momjian.us/main/writings/pgsql/company_contributions/
> >
> > If you have any suggestions, please let me know. I am going to add a
> > link to this from the developer's FAQ.
>
> This is certainly interesting. Is there a possibility of being able to
> read it as a single page? I would like to comment on it but it is hard
> to cross reference specific points (at least to me) with the small
> sections.

Thanks for the feedback, sectioning fixed.

On Tue, 2006-12-19 at 13:38 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > On Tue, 2006-12-19 at 12:11 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > > I have written an article about the complexities of companies
> > > contributing to open source projects:
> > >
> > > http://momjian.us/main/writings/pgsql/company_contributions/
> > >
> > > If you have any suggestions, please let me know. I am going to add a
> > > link to this from the developer's FAQ.
> >
> > This is certainly interesting. Is there a possibility of being able to
> > read it as a single page? I would like to comment on it but it is hard
> > to cross reference specific points (at least to me) with the small
> > sections.
>
> Thanks for the feedback, sectioning fixed.

Much better, thanks. I will comment shortly.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

http://www.commandprompt.com/