Re: initdb ignores invalid locale names

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: initdb ignores invalid locale names
Date: 2006-09-22 18:15:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

When initdb is given an invalid (possibly mistyped) locale name, it just
prints a warning and proceeds with the default locale from the
environment. Someone already wondered about this before:

/* should we exit here? */
if (!ret)
fprintf(stderr, _("%s: invalid locale name \"%s\"\n"), progname,
locale);

return ret;

I obviously think we should. Why shouldn't we?

--
Peter Eisentraut