Remove behaviour of postmaster -o

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Andy Chambers <andychambers2002(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Remove behaviour of postmaster -o
Date: 2006-05-06 11:10:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The first item on the todo list is "remove behaviour
of postmaster -o". Does that simply mean remove the
option and the associated processing from
postmaster.c?

Is anyone working on this?

I've attached a naive patch that does what I've
described above. It compiles and passes the test
script in the tools directory. Is there anything else
this todo should address?

Thanks,
Andy

rm_o_option.patch text/x-diff 3.3 KB

> The first item on the todo list is "remove behaviour
> of postmaster -o". Does that simply mean remove the
> option and the associated processing from
> postmaster.c?
>
> Is anyone working on this?
>
> I've attached a naive patch that does what I've
> described above. It compiles and passes the test
> script in the tools directory. Is there anything else
> this todo should address?

I thought Peter was working on this. Peter?

--
Bruce Momjian http://candle.pha.pa.us

Andy Chambers <andychambers2002(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk> writes:
> The first item on the todo list is "remove behaviour
> of postmaster -o". Does that simply mean remove the
> option and the associated processing from
> postmaster.c?

No, it means something closer to this:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-12/msg01031.php

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2006-01/msg00239.php

Not sure why Peter didn't continue working on it.

regards, tom lane