Re: Migrating data from Oracle 9i to PostgreSQL

Lists: pgsql-general
From: "A(dot) Kretschmer" <andreas(dot)kretschmer(at)schollglas(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Migrating data from Oracle 9i to PostgreSQL
Date: 2006-04-04 12:08:01
Lists: pgsql-general

am 04.04.2006, um 14:01:30 +0200 mailte krokodylek(at)tenbit(dot)pl folgendes:

> Hi :-)
>
> I sure hope I'm asking in the right place...
>
> Is there any automated or semi-automated way of migrating data from Oracle
> database (9.2.0.4) to PostgreSQL one?

http://techdocs.postgresql.org/#convertfrom

HTH, Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer (Kontakt: siehe Header)
Heynitz: 035242/47215, D1: 0160/7141639

From: Thomas Pundt <mlists(at)rp-online(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2006-04-04 12:24:55
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

On Tuesday 04 April 2006 14:01, krokodylek(at)tenbit(dot)pl wrote:
| I sure hope I'm asking in the right place...
|
| Is there any automated or semi-automated way of migrating data from Oracle
| database (9.2.0.4) to PostgreSQL one?
|
| I only need the data, nothing else (not stored procedures, indexes, etc.),
| the relations are pretty simple, for example:

you might want to look at the scripts from the contrib/oracle directory from
the PostgreSQL source distribution. It did help me a lot to migrate two
databases from Oracle to PostgreSQL. It might be useful to apply the attached
patch: it escapes some more characters in the generated SQL dump.

Ciao,
Thomas

--
Thomas Pundt <thomas(dot)pundt(at)rp-online(dot)de> ---- http://rp-online.de/ ----

Attachment Content-Type Size
ora2pg.patch text/x-diff 450 bytes

I sure hope I'm asking in the right place...

Is there any automated or semi-automated way of migrating data from Oracle
database (9.2.0.4) to PostgreSQL one?

I only need the data, nothing else (not stored procedures, indexes, etc.), the
relations are pretty simple, for example:

CREATE TABLE EMAIL
(
UNID VARCHAR2(32 BYTE) NOT NULL,
SUBJECT VARCHAR2(4000 BYTE),
SEND_FROM VARCHAR2(255 BYTE),
PRODUCT_CASE_ID VARCHAR2(32 BYTE),
RECEIVE_DATE DATE,
SEND_TO VARCHAR2(255 BYTE),
SUBMITED_BY VARCHAR2(255 BYTE),
COPY_TO VARCHAR2(255 BYTE),
SEND_BY VARCHAR2(255 BYTE),
PUB INTEGER DEFAULT 0
NOT NULL,
CONTENT CLOB DEFAULT empty_clob(),
RECIPIENT VARCHAR2(255 BYTE)
)

I will be very grateful for any suggestions.

Best regards,
Maciej Zieba