unsubscribe

Lists: pgsql-bugs
From: "Lin, B (Bill)" <b(dot)lin(at)dl(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Random hang during commit
Date: 2006-03-13 10:19:26
Lists: pgsql-bugs

After upgrade from postgres 8.0 to 8.1.3, I am running some tests
against the new database and got some random problems:
Usually all tests are successfully passed, but sometime the test hangs
when doing connection.commit().

I have installed same database, jdbc driver, jre and test case on some
other computers. However, this problem will be never happened on others.

The only big difference between my computer with others is: it has a
dual processor.

After working on this issue for a week, I think it could be a bug.

Regards,

Bill

> After upgrade from postgres 8.0 to 8.1.3, I am running some tests
> against the new database and got some random problems:
> Usually all tests are successfully passed, but sometime the test hangs
> when doing connection.commit().

Some more information please.
1. What operating-system?
2. Installed from a package (which) or source?
3. What hangs - the client or the backend (or both)?
4. What do the logs show?

--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd