Fix for /dev/tty on Win32

Lists: pgsql-patches
From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Fix for /dev/tty on Win32
Date: 2006-03-04 04:37:56
Lists: pgsql-patches

I found a better solution to the /dev/tty on Win32. I used 'con' which
works fine on Win32 except using the Msys 1.0.10 console, but it is
probably the best solution. Can someone test if newer Msys consoles
work with this?

Added DEVTTY macro for simplicity.

Applied to 8.0.X, 8.1.X, and HEAD.

--
Bruce Momjian http://candle.pha.pa.us
SRA OSS, Inc. http://www.sraoss.com

unknown_filename text/plain 2.9 KB

> I found a better solution to the /dev/tty on Win32. I used 'con' which
> works fine on Win32 except using the Msys 1.0.10 console, but it is
> probably the best solution. Can someone test if newer Msys consoles
> work with this?
>
> Added DEVTTY macro for simplicity.
>
> Applied to 8.0.X, 8.1.X, and HEAD.

I am attaching a new applied patch that reverts "msys" so it doesn't use
'con'. This means we now actually prompt from the terminal on Win32
(except for msys consoles).

--
Bruce Momjian http://candle.pha.pa.us
SRA OSS, Inc. http://www.sraoss.com