BUG #2295: MemoryContextSwitchTo missing

Lists: pgsql-bugs
From: "tomek" <tomek(at)fullopcja(dot)hopto(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #2295: MemoryContextSwitchTo missing
Date: 2006-03-01 19:37:04
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 2295
Logged by: tomek
Email address: tomek(at)fullopcja(dot)hopto(dot)org
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.0.5309
Operating system: WIN XP
Details:

I was trying to install libpgxml addon with 8.1.0 distribution. Afer hours
of searching i've discovered that libxml is trying to call (or is linked) to
function MemoryContextSwitchTo witch should be in postgres.exe.

This function was in previous versions of postgres.exe (eg 8.0.3....).

Is it possible to implement-back this function in next release or rather we
should wait for new release of libpgxml?

regards
tom

> Email address: tomek(at)fullopcja(dot)hopto(dot)org
> PostgreSQL version: 8.1.0.5309
> Operating system: WIN XP
> Details:
>
> I was trying to install libpgxml addon with 8.1.0 distribution. Afer hours
> of searching i've discovered that libxml is trying to call (or is linked) to
> function MemoryContextSwitchTo witch should be in postgres.exe.
>
> This function was in previous versions of postgres.exe (eg 8.0.3....).
>
> Is it possible to implement-back this function in next release or rather we
> should wait for new release of libpgxml?

Uh, I see MemoryContextSwitchTo in 8.1. I think the problem might be
that the function is not marked with DLLIMPORT for XP. Can someone try
that and see if it fixes it?

--
Bruce Momjian http://candle.pha.pa.us
SRA OSS, Inc. http://www.sraoss.com