Re: Old interfaces directory in CVS tree?

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: jtv(at)xs4all(dot)nl
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Old interfaces directory in CVS tree?
Date: 2005-11-05 07:12:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

A libpqxx user just informed me that the anonymous CVS repository at
anoncvs.postgresql.org still contained a 2002 version of libpqxx in the
interfaces directory. I checked it out and otherwise it seems to be the
current source tree--at least I found an 8.1 version number somewhere.

Could someone "cvs remove" this old libpqxx version? Having the old code
available may still be useful, but it should not be in current checkouts!

Jeroen

>A libpqxx user just informed me that the anonymous CVS repository at
>anoncvs.postgresql.org still contained a 2002 version of libpqxx in the
>interfaces directory. I checked it out and otherwise it seems to be the
>current source tree--at least I found an 8.1 version number somewhere.
>
>Could someone "cvs remove" this old libpqxx version? Having the old code
>available may still be useful, but it should not be in current checkouts!

Jeroen,

you informant probably needs to use the -P option for cvs checkout.

cheers

andrew

On Sat, Nov 05, 2005 at 09:46:15AM -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> >A libpqxx user just informed me that the anonymous CVS repository at
> >anoncvs.postgresql.org still contained a 2002 version of libpqxx in the
> >interfaces directory. I checked it out and otherwise it seems to be the
> >current source tree--at least I found an 8.1 version number somewhere.

> you informant probably needs to use the -P option for cvs checkout.

Doesn't make a difference. Besides, the outdated source is there even on
a fresh checkout.

Jeroen

>On Sat, Nov 05, 2005 at 09:46:15AM -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>

>>>A libpqxx user just informed me that the anonymous CVS repository at
>>>anoncvs.postgresql.org still contained a 2002 version of libpqxx in the
>>>interfaces directory. I checked it out and otherwise it seems to be the
>>>current source tree--at least I found an 8.1 version number somewhere.
>>>

>>you informant probably needs to use the -P option for cvs checkout.
>>

>Doesn't make a difference. Besides, the outdated source is there even on
>a fresh checkout.

Oh, the top level interfaces directory. I misunderstood. Why is anybody
checking that out at all? Are we keeping it for historical purposes?

cheers

andrew

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Jeroen T. Vermeulen wrote:

>>> you informant probably needs to use the -P option for cvs checkout.
>>>

>> Doesn't make a difference. Besides, the outdated source is there even on
>> a fresh checkout.
>>

> Oh, the top level interfaces directory. I misunderstood. Why is anybody
> checking that out at all? Are we keeping it for historical purposes?

Yes, since past releases did include it, so if we check out a previous
release, it needs to be able to pull those files as well ...

----

On Tue, November 8, 2005 00:02, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Nov 2005, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

>> Oh, the top level interfaces directory. I misunderstood. Why is anybody
>> checking that out at all? Are we keeping it for historical purposes?

I think the person in question was doing a regular checkout of the
mainline source tree, and found this in there.

> Yes, since past releases did include it, so if we check out a previous
> release, it needs to be able to pull those files as well ...

But 8.1 is hardly a previous release. Shouldn't this directory be in the
attic or something?

Jeroen