Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL pam ldap document

Lists: pgsql-adminpgsql-hackers
From: Adrian Nida <nida(at)musc(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL pam ldap document
Date: 2005-03-10 19:36:52
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-hackers

All,

I visited #postgresql @ FreeNode and asked about how to make pg use pam
about a week ago (specifically I wanted to auth against LDAP). I was
told to figure it out and write a doc...

Here is my attempt at doing so: http://itc.musc.edu/wiki/PostGreSQL

Please review for accuracy and/or proofreading.

Thanks,

Adrian

> about a week ago (specifically I wanted to auth against LDAP). I was
> told to figure it out and write a doc...
>
> Here is my attempt at doing so: http://itc.musc.edu/wiki/PostGreSQL
>
> Please review for accuracy and/or proofreading.

I get a "not exists" error on that URL.

I assume you looked at:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/auth-methods.html#AUTH-PAM

Do you have additions to it?

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 11:42:53AM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Adrian Nida wrote:
> > All,
> >
> > I visited #postgresql @ FreeNode and asked about how to make pg use pam
> > about a week ago (specifically I wanted to auth against LDAP). I was
> > told to figure it out and write a doc...
> >
> > Here is my attempt at doing so: http://itc.musc.edu/wiki/PostGreSQL
> >
> > Please review for accuracy and/or proofreading.
>
> I get a "not exists" error on that URL.

http://itc.musc.edu/wiki/PostgreSQL

(only 4 capital letters) works.

> I assume you looked at:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/auth-methods.html#AUTH-PAM
>
> Do you have additions to it?

'pears so :)

Cheers,
David Fetter david(at)fetter(dot)org http://fetter.org/
phone: +1 510 893 6100 mobile: +1 415 235 3778

Remember to vote!