BUG #1480: A wildcard for the listen address doesn't work

Lists: pgsql-bugs
From: "Glen" <glen(at)cert(dot)ucr(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #1480: A wildcard for the listen address doesn't work
Date: 2005-02-12 20:51:23
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 1480
Logged by: Glen
Email address: glen(at)cert(dot)ucr(dot)edu
PostgreSQL version: 8.0.1
Operating system: Fedora Core 1
Details:

If I go with this in my postgresql.conf file, then postgresql doesn't listen
on anything but localhost:
listen_addresses = '*'

But if I explicitly list the ips then things work:
listen_addresses = '127.0.0.1,138.23.180.100,10.0.0.100'

Perhaps the problem is the fact that I have more than one network card in
this machine? Anyway, thought I'd give you guys a heads up.