RC2 on OS X can not make check

Lists: pgsql-bugs
From: Theodore Petrosky <tedpet5(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql -bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RC2 on OS X can not make check
Date: 2004-12-29 03:32:55
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I just found the time to try 8.0RC2 on OSX and I have
a problem with 'make check'.

Here is my configure..

./configure --disable-shared --with-rendezvous
--enable-thread-safety

make then make check

============== creating temporary installation
==============

pg_regress: installation failed
Examine ./log/install.log for the reason.

make[2]: *** [check] Error 2
make[1]: *** [check] Error 2
make: *** [check] Error 2

Here is the install.log...

make -C doc install
gzip -d -c ./postgres.tar.gz | ( cd
/Users/postgres/Documents/postgresql
source/postgresql-8.0.0rc2/src/test/regress/./tmp_check/install/usr/local/pgsql/doc/html
&& /usr/bin/tar xf - )
for file in man1/*.1 man7/*.7 ; do \
/bin/sh ../config/install-sh -c -m 644 $file
/Users/postgres/Documents/postgresql
source/postgresql-8.0.0rc2/src/test/regress/./tmp_check/install/usr/local/pgsql/man/$file
|| exit; \
done
make -C src install
/bin/sh ../config/mkinstalldirs
/Users/postgres/Documents/postgresql
source/postgresql-8.0.0rc2/src/test/regress/./tmp_check/install/usr/local/pgsql/lib/pgxs/src
/bin/sh ../config/install-sh -c -m 644 Makefile.global
/Users/postgres/Documents/postgresql
source/postgresql-8.0.0rc2/src/test/regress/./tmp_check/install/usr/local/pgsql/lib/pgxs/src/Makefile.global
/bin/sh ../config/install-sh -c -m 644 Makefile.port
/Users/postgres/Documents/postgresql
source/postgresql-8.0.0rc2/src/test/regress/./tmp_check/install/usr/local/pgsql/lib/pgxs/src/Makefile.port
/bin/sh ../config/install-sh -c -m 644
./Makefile.shlib /Users/postgres/Documents/postgresql
source/postgresql-8.0.0rc2/src/test/regress/./tmp_check/install/usr/local/pgsql/lib/pgxs/src/Makefile.shlib
/bin/sh ../config/install-sh -c -m 644 ./nls-global.mk
/Users/postgres/Documents/postgresql
source/postgresql-8.0.0rc2/src/test/regress/./tmp_check/install/usr/local/pgsql/lib/pgxs/src/nls-global.mk
make -C port install
/bin/sh ../../config/install-sh -c -m 644 libpgport.a
/Users/postgres/Documents/postgresql
source/postgresql-8.0.0rc2/src/test/regress/./tmp_check/install/usr/local/pgsql/lib
make -C timezone install
make -C ../../src/port all
make[6]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
./zic -d /Users/postgres/Documents/postgresql
source/postgresql-8.0.0rc2/src/test/regress/./tmp_check/install/usr/local/pgsql/share/timezone
./data/africa ./data/antarctica ./data/asia
./data/australasia ./data/europe ./data/northamerica
./data/southamerica ./data/pacificnew ./data/etcetera
./data/factory ./data/backward ./data/systemv
./data/solar87 ./data/solar88 ./data/solar89
./zic: Can't open
source/postgresql-8.0.0rc2/src/test/regress/./tmp_check/install/usr/local/pgsql/share/timezone:
No such file or directory
make[5]: *** [install] Error 1
make[4]: *** [install] Error 2
make[3]: *** [install] Error 2