Re: branch for 8.0?

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: branch for 8.0?
Date: 2004-12-06 23:01:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

There was some talk of branching REL8_0_STABLE after 8.0.0rc1 was
released. Is that still the plan?

TIA,

Neil

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: branch for 8.0?
Date: 2004-12-07 00:09:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> There was some talk of branching REL8_0_STABLE after 8.0.0rc1 was
> released. Is that still the plan?

I'm up for it, personally --- is everybody else ready? Should we wait
another day or three?

regards, tom lane

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Date: 2004-12-07 00:38:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Tom Lane wrote:

> Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com> writes:
>> There was some talk of branching REL8_0_STABLE after 8.0.0rc1 was
>> released. Is that still the plan?
>
> I'm up for it, personally --- is everybody else ready? Should we wait
> another day or three?

Let's say Friday I branch her ... ?

----

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2004-12-07 17:35:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com> writes:
> > There was some talk of branching REL8_0_STABLE after 8.0.0rc1 was
> > released. Is that still the plan?
>
> I'm up for it, personally --- is everybody else ready? Should we
> wait another day or three?

I'm in favor of waiting until the release.

--
Peter Eisentraut