PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Release Candidate 1

Lists: pgsql-announcepgsql-bugspgsql-general
From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Release Candidate 1
Date: 2004-12-04 04:18:03
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-bugs pgsql-general

After 3 months of BETA testing, The PostgreSQL Global Development Group is
pleased to announce that we've locked down the source code and have now
released our first Release Candidate.

Our goal is to formally release 8.0.0 around the 15th of December, and to
ensure that we are as bug free as possible, on as many platforms as
possible, we are asking everyone that can to test and report both
successes, and failures, on the various operating systems and platforms.

For a complete list of changes/improvement since Beta 5 was released,
please see:

ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/source/v8.0.0beta/ChangeLog-Beta5-to-RC1

That said, Release Candidate 1 is currently available for download on all
mirrors:

http://www.postgresql.org/mirrors-ftp.html

As with all releases, the success of this release falls in the your hands
... in order to release as stable and reliable of a server as is possible,
we need as many people out there to put it through her paces as possible,
on as many platforms as possible. We urge anyone, and everyone, to
download a copy and run her through her regression tests, and report
any/all problems, and bugs, to

pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org

Once more, on behalf of all of the developers, Happy Bug Hunting ...