Re: [BUGS] server crash in very big transaction [postgresql

Lists: pgsql-bugspgsql-hackers
From: 姜维 <jiangwei_1976(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)cn>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: server crash in very big transaction [postgresql 8.0beta1]
Date: 2004-08-22 01:39:07
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

BEGIN;
END;

PANIC: invalid xlog record length 236052
before or while processing the request.
!>

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: 姜维 <jiangwei_1976(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)cn>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2004-08-24 19:49:56
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

=?UTF-8?Q?=E5=A7=9C?= =?UTF-8?Q?=E7=BB=B4?= <jiangwei_1976(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)cn> writes:
> BEGIN;
> END;

> PANIC: invalid xlog record length 236052

This is quite unhelpful, if you're not going to show us what you did to
cause it.

regards, tom lane

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
To: ?????? <jiangwei_1976(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)cn>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2004-08-24 20:06:37
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Aug 22, 2004 at 09:39:07AM +0800, ?????? wrote:
> BEGIN;
> END;
>
> PANIC: invalid xlog record length 236052

Huh, so what kind of operations did you execute within the transaction?

Voy a acabar con todos los humanos / con los humanos yo acabaré
voy a acabar con todos / con todos los humanos acabaré (Bender)