Ingres to be released as open source

Lists: pgsql-advocacypgsql-generalpgsql-hackers
From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-general <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Ingres to be released as open source
Date: 2004-05-25 02:21:56
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

[ BCC to hackers and advocacy.]

Ingres is to be released as open source:

http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/05/25/0043219&mode=nested&tid=126&tid=137&tid=163&tid=185&tid=198

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us

From: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Ingres to be released as open source
Date: 2004-05-25 02:54:48
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

> Ingres is to be released as open source:
>
> http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/05/25/0043219&mode=nested&tid=126&tid=137&tid=163&tid=185&tid=198

Like the article says, I wonder if these is any synergy between the
products. ie. Can we grab features from their codebase?

Chris