Re: BLIBPQ.LIB, BLIBPQDLL.LIB or LIBPQ 7.4 problem

Lists: pgsql-interfaces
From: bcsaba(at)balmazujvaros(dot)hu
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BLIBPQ.LIB, BLIBPQDLL.LIB or LIBPQ 7.4 problem
Date: 2004-04-21 05:57:04
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi All!

I'am new on this list and i think i found a bug in the libpq libraries compiled
with a Borland compiler (tested with 7.4,7.4.1,7.4.2). I compiled the libpq
library with bcb 5 standard and it worked fine until i wanted to create a table
with a primary key.

for example executing the following Query:

this works fine:
create table a (b int );

this:

create table a (b int primary key );

causes

Access Violation at address xxxxxxxxxxx in module 'CC3250MT.DLL'. Read of
address F87E0200..

I did not know is this is the case with VC compiled libpq.dll (I do not have
Visual C), but with a VC compiled 7.3.4 the code works fine.

Sorry, if i've reported a known problem, but i searched the archive before sent
this.

P.S.: Anyone who could send me a working VC compiled LIBPQ (7.4.2) library, or
fixed BLIBPQ.LIB please do so.

Bye:
Csaba Bistey

> I'am new on this list and i think i found a bug in the libpq libraries compiled
> with a Borland compiler (tested with 7.4,7.4.1,7.4.2). I compiled the libpq
> library with bcb 5 standard and it worked fine until i wanted to create a table
> with a primary key.
>
> for example executing the following Query:
>
> this works fine:
> create table a (b int );
>
> this:
>
> create table a (b int primary key );
>
> causes
>
> Access Violation at address xxxxxxxxxxx in module 'CC3250MT.DLL'. Read of
> address F87E0200..
>
> I did not know is this is the case with VC compiled libpq.dll (I do not have
> Visual C), but with a VC compiled 7.3.4 the code works fine.
>
> Sorry, if i've reported a known problem, but i searched the archive before sent
> this.
>
> P.S.: Anyone who could send me a working VC compiled LIBPQ (7.4.2) library, or
> fixed BLIBPQ.LIB please do so.

I think you might have hit the same problem I did when building
blibpq.dll for http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pgtclng/

Mine would crash whenever a notification message was received (like primary
key create). The crash is in fprintf(stderr, ...), and the explanation I
got was that the I/O runtime wasn't initialized properly inside the Borland
DLL. But then, I was linking my BLIBPQ DLL with a MSVC-compiled program
(ActiveTcl), so maybe your case is different. The fix was easy: link with
Borland's "static" version of the runtime "cp32mt.lib" instead of
"cp32mti.lib". But again: that was because I was using the BCC-compiled
DLL with a MSVC-compiled program. Your case may be different, and your
library name is different (CC3250MT), but look for a static runtime instead
of an import library runtime and try linking with that.

L J Bayuk <ljb220(at)mindspring(dot)com> wrote:

> Mine would crash whenever a notification message was received (like primary
> key create). The crash is in fprintf(stderr, ...), and the explanation I
> got was that the I/O runtime wasn't initialized properly inside the Borland
> DLL. But then, I was linking my BLIBPQ DLL with a MSVC-compiled program
> (ActiveTcl), so maybe your case is different. The fix was easy: link with
> Borland's "static" version of the runtime "cp32mt.lib" instead of
> "cp32mti.lib". But again: that was because I was using the BCC-compiled
> DLL with a MSVC-compiled program. Your case may be different, and your
> library name is different (CC3250MT), but look for a static runtime instead
> of an import library runtime and try linking with that.

Thank you!
The same was here after adding cp32mt.lib to my component package and recompiled
the components, the problem solved and it is working fine now.

Csaba Bistey