Re: article: Open source database improvements grow

Lists: pgsql-advocacy
From: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
To: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: "Advocacy (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: article: Open source database improvements grow
Date: 2004-03-16 18:38:26
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

> Robert,
>
> > On the whole it does seem like the reporter was trying to be
balanced. I
> > did have some reservations about the features that were stated as to
be
> > included, namely table spaces and two phase commit.

IIRC the article states the upcoming 7.5 is due to be released in
June...is that correct?

Merlin

From: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
To: Merlin Moncure <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, "Advocacy (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2004-03-16 20:36:54
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 13:38:26 -0500,
Merlin Moncure <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com> wrote:
> > Robert,
> >
> > > On the whole it does seem like the reporter was trying to be
> balanced. I
> > > did have some reservations about the features that were stated as to
> be
> > > included, namely table spaces and two phase commit.
>
> IIRC the article states the upcoming 7.5 is due to be released in
> June...is that correct?

It is too early to say with much confidence, but I don't see how a production
release of 7.5 could happen that soon. A beta release could happen in that
time frame.

> IIRC the article states the upcoming 7.5 is due to be released in
> June...is that correct?

Damn, is he that specific? I'll have to contact him with errata.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions