Re: Removal of win32-specific rename code

Lists: pgsql-patches
From: Claudio Natoli <claudio(dot)natoli(at)memetrics(dot)com>
To: 'Bruce Momjian' <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Removal of win32-specific rename code
Date: 2004-03-16 06:11:25
Lists: pgsql-patches

> main file. WIth Claudio's fix, this isn't necessary.

Bruce, are you sure this is true? The fix is only for files than are
open()'d, not fopen()'d (as per AllocateFile).

Cheers,
Claudio

---
<a
ailpolicy.html</a>

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Claudio Natoli <claudio(dot)natoli(at)memetrics(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2004-03-16 13:23:12
Lists: pgsql-patches

Claudio Natoli wrote:

> > main file. WIth Claudio's fix, this isn't necessary.
>
> Bruce, are you sure this is true? The fix is only for files than are
> open()'d, not fopen()'d (as per AllocateFile).

If your fix works, I will change the Win32-specific code to use open()
and fdopen(). The only advantage to the old code was that it would
release locks, then go into a rename loop, which is horid, and we need
to avoid the loop.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us