Re: Enterprice support in PostgreSQL

Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-sql
From: "George A(dot)J" <jinujosein(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: snaga(at)postgresql(dot)jp
Cc: snaga(at)snaga(dot)org, pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Enterprice support in PostgreSQL
Date: 2004-02-24 10:02:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-sql

Hi all,

We are providing database solutions in postgreSQL...
Now using PostgreSQL 7.3. It is performing well.
But Now we have some enterprice level requirements.
One of Our requirement is to provide a distributed solution in PostgreSQL.
The questions are...
1. Is it posible to provide a distributed solution in PostgreSQL.
2. Does PostgreSQL Support distributed transactions.
3. If not does it included in the next release. Or when will be the distributed version of postgreSQL available.
4. Is there a replication solution availbale for postgreSQL.
5. Does postgreSQL support 2 phase commit and Distributed transaction standards.
6. Is there a transaction manager(or co-ordinater) available for postgreSQL.
7. Can we use MTS (Microsot Transaction Server) wtih postgreSQL.
8. Does postgreSQL support Load balancing and all other enterprice features.
Can we expect these features in the next version..

regards,
jinujose

> We are providing database solutions in postgreSQL...
> Now using PostgreSQL 7.3. It is performing well.
> But Now we have some enterprice level requirements.
> One of Our requirement is to provide a distributed solution in PostgreSQL.
> The questions are...
> 1. Is it posible to provide a distributed solution in PostgreSQL.
> 2. Does PostgreSQL Support distributed transactions.
> 3. If not does it included in the next release. Or when will be the distributed version of postgreSQL available.
> 4. Is there a replication solution availbale for postgreSQL.
> 5. Does postgreSQL support 2 phase commit and Distributed transaction standards.
> 6. Is there a transaction manager(or co-ordinater) available for postgreSQL.
> 7. Can we use MTS (Microsot Transaction Server) wtih postgreSQL.
> 8. Does postgreSQL support Load balancing and all other enterprice features.
> Can we expect these features in the next version..

We are working on all these fronts. We have replication solutions on
gborg.postgresql.org, and some are working on 2-phase commit, perhaps
for 7.5, dues in maybe 6 months.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us