Re: [SQL] Fw: postgres logging [SOLVED]

Lists: pgsql-adminpgsql-sql
From: Stef <svb(at)ucs(dot)co(dot)za>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Fw: postgres logging
Date: 2004-01-23 12:18:53
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-sql

Hi all,

I've switched on log_statement in postgresql.conf
for debugging purposes. I tried logging connections
and pids as well, but I need to match up the logged statements
to specific connections.

The postmaster logs to a separate log file, but at the moment
it's impossible to tell which sql comes from which connection.
Is there an easy way to accomplish this?

Kind Regards
Stefan

=> The postmaster logs to a separate log file, but at the moment
=> it's impossible to tell which sql comes from which connection.
=> Is there an easy way to accomplish this?

Erm... sorry ,

It appears my postgresql.conf is not an original. It didn't have
the log_pid option in. :)

> The postmaster logs to a separate log file, but at the moment
> it's impossible to tell which sql comes from which connection.
> Is there an easy way to accomplish this?

The PID of the connected process is prepended to every log statement.
You can make use of this to know which sql comes from which connection.

Regards,
A.Bhuvaneswaran