Re: EXPLAIN (plan off, rewrite off) for benchmarking

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: EXPLAIN (plan off, rewrite off) for benchmarking
Date: 2011-11-18 21:13:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

For benchmarking the parser I added the above options (dim suggested this on
irc) which proved to be rather useful for me.
I added the additional rewrite option because the overhead of copying the tree
around makes the profile significantly less expressive.
I would also like an option which would only do the actual parsing instead of
parse + parse analyse but that seemed a tad more complicated...

Is anybody else interested in such EXPLAIN options?

Andres